Hello my loves! TGIF!!!!!!! Today has been a fabulous day consisting of Working Out, Baking, and trying new recipes but I am getting ahead of myself…let’s start where we left off =)
Ayer for Breakfast and Lunch, I had a Green Monster with Coffee, Strawberries, Banana, Chocolate LMM, FF Milk, and Splenda
Later in the Afternoon I went to Trader Joe’s with mi familia and stocked up my new Chico Bag with goodies…
I barely put my groceries away before I broke into this bag! I have heard of these Wasabi Peas on various blogs and just had to try them…OMG my mouth was on FIRE but I loved every bit of it! I have been popping these all day!
For din din I tried the Mideast Feast; Falafel, Tahini, Hummus, Tabbouli, and a Pita…
I have been craving Falafel like WOAH and this hit the spot; I will definitely buy this again. I just wished the Falafel had a little more flavor…I think I am going to make my own…do ya’ll have any recipes?
I got snacky later in the evening and had some more Wasabi Peas and TJ Pita Chips.
Before heading to bed, I did Stacy McCarthy’s Yoga Body Fat Burn on Exercise TV (185 Calories)
This morning, I told myself that I would not eat breakfast until I worked out. For some reason if I don’t workout in the morning, it is harder for me to do it later in the day. I ended up sitting on the couch for about 30 minutes in my workout clothes before I motivated myself to finally get my sweat session on. I started off with Jackie Warner’s Power Circuit DVD and ended with Turbo Jam 20 minute Cardio Party (504 Calories)
For Breakfast I had Oikos Honey Yogurt with a small Banana, PB, and my usual Cafe con Leche
I finally replaced my muffin pan…
And you know what that means..Chocolate and Banana Protein Muffins!!!!!
Ayer I was reading one of my favorite blogs and as always Naomi was featuring a recipe that I just had to try! I seriously have a folder in my computer labeled “One Fit Foodie” where I save all of her recipes! Ayer she posted…
BOO YAH Black Bean Burgers
Ingredients (with some of mari modifications)
- 1 can black beans (mari modification: I used dry black beans; soaked them over night and then cooked for about 5 hours)
- 1/2 T olive oil
- 1/2 Pepper (any color)
- 1/3 red onion (mari modification: I used white)
- 1/3 C diced carrots
- 1-3 cloves of garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 t cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 t black pepper (mari modification: I am not a black pepper person so I omitted this)
- 1 t kosher salt (mari modification: I used regular salt)
- 1-2 T fresh basil (mari modification: I didn’t have any so I skipped this)
- 1 T cumin (can use less, I just love it!)
- 1/2 C oat bran (mari modification: I was running low on oat bran so I used a mix of oat bran and Whole Wheat Flour)
- 1 egg (mari modification: I used egg whites)
- Mash black beans with a fork or potato masher and set aside.
- In a pan sauté up the diced pepper, onion and carrot. Add garlic after 4 or 5 minutes
- Add the cayenne, salt, cumin, and oat bran/whole wheat flour to the mashed beans and incorporate well. Add the egg white and incorporate.
- Add the sautéed veggies to the black bean bowl and mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Size out the patties on a greased cookie sheet (I made about 8) but you can make whatever size you desire.
- Cook at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, flipping halfway
Fresh out of the Oven…
About a week ago Foodbuzz and Nature’s Pride Bread sent me some buns to try out…talk about perfect timing! Unfortunately they were about to expire so I popped them in the freezer and hoped that they would taste just as good…
I threw a bun in the oven and then placed my Bean Burger, 2% Mozzarella, Lettuce, slice of Tomato, Mayo and Ketchup in it…
This was AMAZING!!!!! It was honestly the best veggie burger that I EVER had and that includes the ones that I get in different restaurants! I have always been disappointed with veggie burgers but this surpassed my expectations.The bread was delish too! I was scared that it would be stale from being in the freezer but it tasted bakery fresh!
I placed the burgers into individual sandwich bags and popped them in the freezer with my buns….
Now when I got to BBQs I can bring my own “burgers” Naomi has done it again!!!!!!! thanks chica!!!!!!