Did you know that March is National Peanut Month???
Last week I was invited to a fun Event to celebrate this glorious month….“THE NUTROPOLITAN MUSEUM OF ART: The World’s First PB&J Art Exhibit” Which was hosted by Peanut Butter & Co., National Peanut Board, The Food Bank Of NYC, and Openhouse Gallery. I was also asked to attend a Health and Fitness seminar conducted by Deana Seagrave-Daly RD, LDN.
I invited my friend Jen since she is a photographer and I knew she would appreciate the artwork. Side note: check out her site, the girl is TALENTED!
We met at the gallery and then headed into the seminar….
Here are some interesting things that I learned about Peanuts:
- Peanuts and Peanut butter contribute to more than 30 essential nutrients.
- Peanuts contain more protein than any other nut. 9 Grams per serving
- Peanuts are an antioxidant
- Peanuts score low in the Glycemic Index which means they provide a slower energy source to your blood stream and keep insulin levels steady. Including peanuts and peanut butter in your daily life can be an effective way to help control hunger
- Peanuts and peanut butter are naturally low in sodium
- They are naturally cholesterol free
After the seminar they treated us to snacks with peanuts being the guest star!
Peanut Butter Cookies:
Peanut butter smoothies:
Veggies and Fruit with Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce!
I also walked around the room to take a look at the new Peanut Marketing Campaign:
We then went into the main gallery and looked at the fun and creative pieces….here are a few of my faves!
After the event, Jen and I went to grab lunch and I wanted to stick with the theme of the day and had Shrimp with Peanuts!
Thank you Peanut Butter & Co. for hosting such a great event and thank you for my goody bag!!!