The Dukan Diet was created by French physician Pierre Dukan and it has been rumored that Jennifer Lopez, Giselle Bundchen, and even Princess Kate Middleton have used it to shed some weight.
I was interested to learn more about this diet since I have PCOS and have been told many times that a high protein diet is beneficial for me.
Below is some more info about the 4 phases of the Dukan Diet, courtesy of their site:
1) The Attack phase consists of pure protein and creates a kick-start to the diet. During this phase, you can eat 68 high-protein foods that produce immediate and noticeable weight loss.
2) The Cruise phase adds 32 vegetables and will take you to your True Weight. In total, you can select from 100 Natural Foods. You will gradually but steadily lose weight by alternating Pure Protein days and Protein + Vegetables days. The average length of this phase is based on a schedule of 3 days for each pound you want to lose.
3) During this time you are at your most vulnerable, as the body has a tendency to quickly regain weight. The Consolidation Phase is designed to prevent the rebound effect by gradually returning previously forbidden foods in limited quantities and allowing for up to two “celebration" meals per week. This phase follows a strict timeline – 5 days per every pound lost in Cruise Phase. It is important to follow one other important step once the Consolidation Phase has begun - a pure protein day on Thursday.
4) The Stabilization phase is the rest of your life! You have learned how to eat healthier in the previous phases and have developed a pattern to follow. In addition, to keep your new slim body, you must follow these three simple but non-negotiable rules:
- 3 Tablespoons of Oat Bran per day
- Walk 20 minutes daily and choose to take the stairs whenever possible
- Have a pure protein Thursday, i.e. Attack Phase menu.
This may seem extreme to some people, especially Phase 1 but thankfully the Attack phase lasts only about 5 days and then you can introduce more greens etc. into your diet. When I spoke to Simone she mentioned that people start to crave vegetables once they hit the Cruse Phase.
One of the reasons that I became a personal trainer/health coach is because I know first hand how hard it is to try to lose weight on your own. I personally think that if it wasn’t for my own nutritionist back in 2006, I would have not lost all my weight. I love the fact that they also offer Weight loss coaching; it is about 1 dollar a day and you get a personalized and interactive weight loss program. The site has message boards to connect with other individuals for support which will make it a little easier to hit your True Weight (you will find out your True Weight when you first join and answer questions).
If you are interested in their Weight Loss Coaching; Make sure to use this promotional code to get 25 percent off! J13BG25
This was a Sponsored Post for Dukan Diet