It is finally my favorite month...sweaters, cozy socks, thumbholes, changing leaves, crisp morning air, low humidity, new TV shows, scary movies, Halloween, the list goes on and on...Happy October
If you recall a few months ago, I had some medical issues arise which of course had me worried. This weekend I went to my “lady” doctor and thankfully everything is okay woohoo! I have to go back in 6 months for a follow up but I am soooo grateful because the C word is off the table.
However I didn’t think that I would walk out of his office having to think about having little “Mariettes” but apparently I need to start taking it serious. I legit felt like my doctor was Whoopie Goldberg in Ghost and he was like “Mari, you in danger girl”.
How can I fathom having a bambino when I don’t even have a man in my life (any volunteers?! Ha!)
It’s funny because I wanted to talk about October goals with y’all but maybe I should add “get knocked up” to the list.
Anyways due to my health issues, my doctor had me on a medication which thankfully helped but unfortunately it really screwed with my hormones. I had more than “normal” binge episodes these past few months and ended up gaining a few LBS that need to be evicted stat. I’m back on my regular medication and I want to get back to my normal life so here are some of my goals for this month
- Drop 6-8 lbs
- Deadlift 5x5 185lbs (currently at 165lbs and pr'd this morning at 1x3 at 185)
- Chest Press 5x5 115lbs (I pr’d this weekend at 95lbs)
- Squat 5x5 165lbs (this morning I hit 3x3 at 165lbs)
- Work on my inversions; especially handstands
- Incorporate core exercises a minimum of 2 times a week
- Try to have a no binge streak for all of October (this is the most important one for me)